This blog is purposely for everything and anything Khmer related. If you'd like to share any stories, pictures, cambodian jokes, facts, WHATEVER! feel free to submit them here! I'll try to do as much as I can. Hope you all enjoy! :)
(fried bananas) i’m seriously craving some…
-Ripe banana — Make sure the banana is ripe properly
-Rice paddy flour
-1 tablespoon of Sesame
-500g frying vegetable oil
1. Preparing of flour: put the flour into a big bowl, then add water in. Remember to add slowly, because we need the flour to be thick enough, not thin. Then put in the sesame and little salt.
2. After the banana is peeled, put banana in a ziploc or plastic bag and use a big knife to press the banana making it flat. (not TOO flat, for professional fried banana sellers, they have a handy wooden pressing tool)
3. You can cut the banana into smaller pieces if you’d like
4. Prepare a frying pan with frying oil on the cook, start to heat until oil is hot.
5. Dip the flat banana into the flour bowl, having it cover the banana, and put into the boiling oil pan for frying. After a while, the banana should become yellow and crispy. Lift it up, keep in a basket/plate with a few napkins for oil dripping, then it’s ready for serving. :)
Fried Bananas are a favorite snack in Cambodia that can be served a any time :)